Email Marketing is a cost-effective solution to reaching your target audience and customers. Statistics show that small businesses make use of email marketing as traditional media such as newspapers, television and radio are expensive.
If you think email marketing is dead, let me give you some quick statistics:
- Email is almost 40 times more effective than Facebook and Twitter in helping your business acquire new customers. (Mckinsey, 2014).
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase as a result of an email marketing message. (DMA, 2013)
- Email outperforms direct mail with more than four times the return on investment. (DMA 2013)
That aside, here are some reasons why email marketing is great for business:
- It enables you to target your customers and prospects so you can tailor your message to suit them, and at the right time too.
- It builds trust and loyalty with customers and prospects by meeting their needs directly
- It pushes direct sales; it also supports sales through other channels like websites, blogs, etc.
- It provides the most direct line of communication for conversion to sales.
So how can you harness the power of email marketing? Lets get started
- Send content that is valuable and relevant: Email marketing is not only about getting information out about your product or service. it is much more about providing value that your customers and prospects are interested in and giving them a memorable experience.
When you provide valuable and helpful content to your readers, they will be sure to look forward to opening your mails and even taking action in line with your content.
2. Treat your contacts like the people they are, not names on a list: Always seize the opportunity to make a connection and build a relationship with new people who just joined your list. Make sure to send additional information about your business and other products and services you offer.
For existing customers, you can offer bonuses or provide a special offer.
3. Never share your email list: You should always protect the privacy of your customers ad respect their trust. Giving out your list could ruin the trust that has been built with your customers, thereby damaging your business.
You can look for ways to partner with other local businesses rather than giving out your list
4.Your communication should be professional always: Whenever you send out mails, you should make them as professional-looking as possible. You dont want to give out the wrong impression about your business, so send out the right message. You dont have to hire expert technical hands for that, just make sure to project the right thing.
5. Go beyond the inbox: Email marketing works best when it is integrated with other channels. Use these other channels to reach new customers and invite them to join your email list.
So now that you know these, care to give it a try?