With advancements in technology, the number of different modes of delivery of information that can be utilized in e-learning is increasing rapidly. One such mode is the webinar or web-seminar.
A webinar is a presentation, workshop, seminar or lecture that is transmitted over the internet using video conferencing software. One major feature of a webinar is its ability to give, receive and discuss information in real-time. In contrast, a webcast allows for only one-way data transmission and does not allow interaction between the presenter and the audience.
Webinars are a great way for people to get value, excitement and inspiration because it gives them the ability to ask questions instantly. You as the speaker are also able to respond to the questions and make adjustments where necessary immediately. Lastly, webinars can be used to generate income from your audience or fans.
Now that we know what a webinar is, here are some tips on making a successful one:
1. The first step is to create an appropriate design which outlines the flow that the webinar is going to take. The design or blueprint should include
2. A webinar must have a slide movement every 20-40 seconds to arrest your audience. This can include annotations, slide transitions or section highlights.
3. For an effective webinar delivery, it is important to take into account that a webinar allows very little time to explain a multitude of ideas and concepts. The speaker should be ready with concise notes to deliver most within the stipulated time-frame.
4. Send Reminder Emails: – send a reminder email twice once 1 day before the webinar and once 1 hour before the webinar. You should also utilize all social media platforms to remind your audience to join in at the appropriate time.
5. Use lots of graphics to give your audience suitable context or ideas in order to create a lasting impression. Graphics help to cut down texts and so, they are a big part of virtual presentation.
6. Audio is very vital in the success of a virtual presentation. It is the framework of a webinar. Audio, with very minimal on-screen text, is able to successfully explain concepts and ideas presented. Bearing in mind the limited time span of a webinar, the audio should not go into unnecessary details.
7. Make it Public: it is necessary to promote your webinar a few weeks before the actual event in order for people to sign in, especially if it you intend to make money from it. Use concise texts to engage people and send the word out about what you are going to be talking about.